Walk your way to health
How can we help?
Book an appointment with us so we can take a medical history and accordingly make appropriate recommendations. As soon as you have the slightest sign that you may have chilblains do not delay it further and get help.
As well as a foot health treatment and advice, reflexology is beneficial to help increase the circulation in your feet to help alleviate the symptoms of pain and be a source of comfort.
What is it?
- An inflammatory condition which is caused by an extreme drop in temperature
- An injury caused by cold, damp and wet conditions
- Localised vasculitis inflammation of a blood or lymph vessel.
What are the causes?
- Chilling of extremities cause a paresis/paralysis of the tissue cell walls and blood walls which do not return to normality after artificial warming
- Paresis does not allow normal transport of interstitial fluids through the cell walls and capillary walls
- Cells and tissue spaces around them fill with excess fluid and inflammation products which build up and cannot be readily diffused by the blood stream which cause stasis, stagnation of flow.